This book is an artisan's manifesto based on practice and reflection on the achievements of Southbank Mosaics since being set up in 2004. These include:
- making the centre of London more attractive
- putting around 300 permanent installations onto streets and in parks
- creating a "sense of place" by adding local character
- supporting the street population and young people
- laying out a road map for inclusive neighbourhood renewal
As such this book makes a contribution to debates of contemporary arts and crafts and the potential of using creativity in the wider economy. It includes links to psychology, economics, politics and philosophy.
The story of Southbank Mosaics is narrated alongside a wealth of images of our work and interviews with artists working who have worked with us.
Price: £8.40 (e-book)
Learn about the history of the Queenhithe Dock and the process of creating the timeline mosaic we installed there.
The 30m long Queenhithe Mosaic reflects the key events and personalities that built, used and lived around Queenhithe. It creates a durable record of the heritage we find and a destination for the many visitors that flock along the river. The mosaic was installed in November 2014
Price: £30 (print copy)
To purchase please send us a request to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7620 6070