We work with students of all ages from 8 upwards, including students with learning, physical or sensory impairments. We provide a safe and nurturing environment where students can learn the practical skills of mosaic making, working on their own projects or contributing as part of a team to our public realm projects. We help each student to write an individual learning plan to capture their own goals and intentions and regularly review the plan with them to make sure focus is maintained.
Students will be able to gain the following:
- Design skills
- Mosaic making, fixing and installation skills
- Understanding of how to price their own work (if they wish to sell work)
- Understanding of how to operate and behave in a working art studio
- Experience of team work
- Patience and delayed gratification
- An understanding and insight into their own power to create
- Civic pride at seeing the work they help to make out on the streets
- Enhanced feeling of wellbeing
- Accredited qualifications (optional)
Current fees for school students and adult learners £480 per term/per person (attending one day per week).
If you would like to learn more about what we could offer one you or you wish to refer one of your students or clients please call us for a chat on Tel. 02076206070 or email us to arrange to visit for a look around or for a referral meeting.
*At Southbank Mosaics we are committed to providing a safe inclusive and nurturing environment for all people accessing the studio. We have a Safeguarding Code of Conduct which all staff and volunteers must read, understand and comply with.